MOL®Clean technology is a modern method for prevention of equipment biofouling allowing to clean the existing biofilm from the equipment surface (cooling tower, heat exchangers, pipe line, reverse osmotic membrane, air washer nozzles of air handling unit, etc.), as well as to prevent further fouling without application of salts and toxic substances based on chlorine, fluorine and bromine.
MOL®Clean technology has a number of benefits in comparison with the classic approach to biocide processing:
- Removal of biofouling from the equipment surface, as well as prevention of further fouling.
- Effective elimination of microorganisms, including legionella.
- Reduction of corrosion rate, prevention of pitting microbiological corrosion.
- Low reagent consumption (15-30 less than the total consumption of sodium hypochlorite, activator, biodispersant and non-oxidizing biocide).
- Ecological cleanness of the technology (reagent dos not include salts or toxic substances based on chlorine, fluorine and bromine).
- Its effectiveness does not depend on pH rate and chemical composition of water.
- Ease of operation (does not require analysis and staff training).
Introduction of MOL®Clean technology will allow to achieve high level of economic efficiency of processing due to:
- recovery or maintenance of thermal efficiency of heat-exchange equipment and consequent increase of production efficiency (250 micron thick biofilm can reduce heat exchange by 25%);
- increase of service life throughout the equipment (pipelines, heat-exchangers, pumps, cooling towers, etc.);
- reduction of service and repair expenses for water recycling systems;
- reduction of expenses for sewage water processing, prevention of punitive measures for poorly treated wastewater;
- reduction of expenses for transportation, stockpiling and storage of reagents.
MOL®Clean technology consists of two main components — non-expendable metallic catalyst and Mol®Aktiv reagent. Catalysts shall be installed on-line (e.g. into the cooling tower basin). Mol®Aktiv reagent is based on 30% hydrogen peroxide solution dozing directly on the catalyst at regular intervals. Hydrogen peroxide molecules draw free electrons of the catalyst. This results in accumulation of positive charge on the catalyst surface. Then the catalyst starts to draw free microorganisms. When a cell contacts the positively charged catalyst, the cell membrane is destructed resulting int cell bursting. Cellular debris is partially oxidized forming substances with tenside properties — the so-called «Biotensides».
In comparison with the synthetic SSA, biotensides are not toxic and become active only on liquid/solid phase division surface; they show low level activity on liquid/gas phase division surface, i.e. they do not cause foaming and, what is more important, are structurally very similar to cell membranes of microorganisms since they are produced from their partial degradation. Moving along with the water flow, biotensides remove biosediments from metal surfaces. This help to clean all system elements (irrigation caps, pumping equipment, pipelines, heat-exchange equipment, etc.).
Currently MOL®Clean technology is implemented at several plants in the Russian Federation including the following:
- «Kazanorgsintez» PJSC;
- «LUKOIL-Permnefteorgsintez» Ltd.
- «Gaspromneft-Moscow Refinery» PJSC;
- «LUKOIL-Permneftgaspererabotka» Ltd.
We are constantly improving our products. Our specialists are always searching for the new water treatment methods. Thanks to that we ca offer solutions for almost any water-based system. We will gladly consult you on how to apply our technologies at your enterprise.
Please, find more information about MOL®Clean at www.mol-clean.ru