MOL®Clean technology has a number of benefits in comparison with the classic approach to biocide processing:
- use of non-expandable metal catalyst and a single reagent with consumption 15-30 times less than the total consumption of sodium hypochlorite, activator, biodispersant and non-oxidizing biocide;
- the technology is absolutely safe for the equipment, reagent is not corrosive and has no effect on water chemical properties (electrical conductivity, hardness and pH);
- the technology is not using salts, toxic substances, halogens and their derivatives;
- Application of this technology allow to reduce th total microbial number to 102 – 103 CFU/cm3;
- The technology allows for the effective legionella control;
- application of this technology allows to reduce consumption of corrosion and sedimentation inhibitors due to destruction of biofilm;
- processing efficiency does not depend on pH value of a water-based system;
- processing technology maintains its efficiency in case of high content nitrogen, mineral content, petrochemicals and suspended solids in water (technology has selective influence on microorganisms);
- the technology is environmentally sound (absence of halogen organic matters and salts in effluent);
- reagent is of a third hazard class and does note require specific storage and transportation requirements.
MOL®Clean technology has significant economic benefits:
- reduced corrosion rate;
- reduced expenses for transportation, stockpiling and storage of reagents;
- recovery or maintenance of thermal efficiency of heat-exchange equipment and consequent increase of production efficiency (250 micron thick biofilm can reduce heat exchange by 25%);
- increase of service life throughout the equipment (pipelines, heat-exchangers, pumps, cooling towers, reverse-osmotic membranes, cartridge filters, mixed bed filters, etc.);
- Reduced expenses for maintenance and repair of water recycling systems, reverse osmosis systems and air washers of air handling units;
- reduction and elimination of punitive measures for poorly treated wastewater;
- reduction of corrosion inhibitor consumption and salt sedimentation;
- reduction of expenses for reagents.
All reagents used in MOL®Clean technology have valid Russian and international certification.
Catalyst service life is 10 years.
This technology is applied by dozens of enterprises in Europe, such as: Dow Chemical Company (Buna Sow Leuna Olefinverbund GmbH), the city of Schkopau (Germany), «Bayernoil Raffineriegesellschaft GmbH», the city of Neustadt и and the city of Vohburg an der Donauе (Germany), «Kernkraft-werk Leibstadt» nuclear power station, the city of Leibstadt (Switzerland).
MOL®Clean technology was being implemented by the leading Russian enterprises since 2008:
- «Kazanorgsintez» PJSC. Recycling water unit for ethylene production. MOL®Clean technology is in operation since April 2008. Processing is carried out with application of inhibitors produced by «General Electric» LLC. The total microbial count settled at the level of 103 after the second week of processing. The result is maintained unchanged for 6 years already.
- «LUKOIL-Permnefteorgsintez» Ltd. All water recycling systems are equipped with MOL®Clean technology since 2009. Processing is carried out with application of inhibitors produced by «General Electric» LLC. Thanks to MOL®Clean technology corrosion rate was stabilized at 0.02 – 0.04 mm/year.
- «Gaspromneft-Moscow Refinery» PJSC. Pilot testing of MOL®Clean technology with application of inhibitors produced by «NALCO» LLC was carried out in 2012. Testing revealed that application of MOL®Clean results in significant reduction of corrosion and sedimentation inhibitors consumption. In total application of this technology allowed to reduce processing expenses by >30%.
- «Acron»JSC. Pilot testing of MOL®Clean technology with application of inhibitors produced by «NALCO» LLC was carried out in 2013. total microbial count was registered at 106 CFU/cm3 before testing. During six days of testing, this value reduced to 102 CFU/cm3 and still remains at this level today. Reduction of pH level as a result of nitrification process was not registered during the entire testing period. In 2014 water recycling cycles of phenol-formaldehyde resin and carbamide production will be equipped with MOL®Clean processing technology. In total application of this technology allowed to reduce processing expenses by >10%.
Please, find more information about MOL®Clean at www.mol-clean.ru